Comic Brian Posehn has recruited an all-star record of musicians for his first metallic album, Grandpa Metallic. The humorous man has previewed the LP with a brutal cowl of the A-ha hit “Tackle Me”.
The towering comedian teamed up with Anthrax’s Scott Ian, Fall Out Boy’s Joe Trohman, and Dethklok’s Brendon Small to create the album, which was produced by Jay Rustin. The 14-song tracklist options 12 authentic compositions, plus the A-ha cowl and a rendition of the novelty dance track “The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)” by Ylvis.
Among the many company on the album are Slipknot’s Corey Taylor and Metal Panther’s Michael Starr, who each contribute vocals to “The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)”. Elsewhere, such musicians as Amon Amarth’s Johan Hegg, Slayer’s Gary Holt, Soundgarden’s Kim Thayil, Fall Out Boy’s Patrick Stump, “Bizarre Al” Yankovic, and others seem on the album.
Posehn’s cowl of “Tackle Me” turns the ’80s synth-pop traditional into an excessive metallic monitor, full with guttural vocals. The track options visitor appearances from Testomony’s Chuck Billy, Exodus’ Steve “Zetro” Souza, and late Huntress singer Jill Janus.
“I truthfully really feel that each good track could be higher if it have been heavy metallic,” stated Posehn in a press launch, “and I feel I proved my case with ‘Tackle Me’. It’s such a catchy track, it’s so cool, however I at all times thought if it had three guitars as an alternative of a keyboard, it will be even cooler.”
As for the complete album, Posehn defined, “I wished this to be the final word comedy/metallic document, a loving document that made enjoyable of a few of the issues in heavy metallic, so I referred to as all my associates and requested for a bunch of favors.”
He added, “There’s a Devil track, and there’s a Viking track, there’s one track that appears like Black Metallic, after which there’s one which appears like a Van Halen get together track.”
Posehn is finest recognized for enjoying awkward characters in such movies and TV reveals as The Sarah Silverman Venture, Huge Bang Idea, The Satan’s Rejects, and Mr. Present with Bob and David. He not too long ago appeared within the pilot episode of the brand new Disney+ collection The Mandalorian.
In summing up the album, Pohsen declared, “It’s the Chinese language Democracy of comedy-metal information. And it didn’t price 13 million to make.”
Grandpa Metallic arrives on February 14th through Megaforce Information, with preorders presently accessible. Take heed to “Tackle Me” and see the complete tracklist (with credit) beneath.
Grandpa Metallic Art work:
Grandpa Metallic Tracklist (with credit):
01. Intro to Devil (Written by Brian Posehn; organ by Jacob Bunton)
02. Devil Is Sort of a Dick (Lyrics: Brian Posehn, Music: Scott Ian; solo: Gary Holt)
03. Scary Nightmare (Written by Brian Posehn)
04. 1/four Viking three/four Pussy (Lyrics: Posehn, music: Ian, Donais; Solo: Alex Skolnick; visitor vocals: Johan Hegg)
05. Huge Fats Rock (Lyrics: Posehn/Trohman; Music: Joe Trohman; Solo: Phil Demmel; Guitars: Joe Trohman)
06. My Telephone Name with Bizarre Al (Written by Brian Posehn; that includes Bizarre Al)
07. Tackle Me (A-ha cowl; Association: Brendon Small; Solo: Rob Cavestany; Visitor vocals: Jill Janus, Chuck Billy, Steve “Zetro” Souza; Visitor Again ups: Rob Cavestany, Aiden Cavestany)
08. Grandpa Metallic (Lyrics: Posehn/Trohman; Music: Ian; Solo: Kim Thayil)
09. New Music Sucks (Lyrics: Posehn; Music, Small; Visitor vocals: Patrick Stump)
10. New Music Sucks Reprise (Lyrics: Posehn; Music: Trohman)
11. Goblin Love (Lyrics: Posehn, Music: Ian; Solo: Brendon Small, Visitor Goblin: Jill Janus)
12. Monster Mosh (Lyrics: Posehn, Music: Trohman; Solo: Bumblefoot; Visitor Vocals: Pearl Aday; Guitars: Joe Trohman)
13. The Fox, What The Fox Say (Ylvis cowl; Visitor Vocals: Corey Taylor, Michael Starr)
14. Tremendous Secret Observe (Written by Brian Posehn)