Week 12 is right here and with fewer than six weeks remaining within the 2019 common season, the NFL playoff image is coming collectively rapidly based mostly on the present AFC and NFC standings.
This is an up to date have a look at what every convention area would seem like now, what groups are nonetheless in competition and what groups ought to already be desirous about the offseason.
NFL POWER RANKINGS
Ravens leap Patriots; Cowboys, Colts climb; Steelers, Eagles dip for Week 12
NFL standings for Week 12
Tom Brady, Julian Edelman
AFC playoff image
Who could be in?
1. Patriots, first place, AFC East (10-1) — The Patriots, whose solely loss this season is to the Ravens, maintain a slim one-game lead for the highest seed. Additionally they have to maintain profitable to make sure taking one other division title, as they’re solely up two video games and have a tiebreaker on the Payments. Up subsequent: Texans
2. Ravens, first place, AFC North (Eight-2) — The Ravens are taking part in like the perfect group within the NFL however nonetheless want to complete at the least even with the Patriots to get the highest seed and home-field benefit within the playoffs. They’re near operating away with the division, three video games up on the Steelers and 4 video games up on the Browns. Up subsequent: Rams
Three. Texans, first place, AFC South (7-Four) — The Texans jumped the Colts by beating them 20-17 to open up Week 12 on Thursday evening, additionally erasing their earlier head-to-head tiebreaker. It would not get any simpler in Week 13, nonetheless. Up subsequent: Patriots
Four. Chiefs, first place, AFC West (7-Four) — The Chiefs have a Week 12 bye however have already got dropped to No. Four as a result of they lose the head-to-head tiebreaker with the Texans, who beat them in Arrowhead Stadium earlier within the season. Up subsequent: Raiders
5. Payments, second place, AFC East (Eight-Three) — The Payments have a powerful maintain on the highest wild-card place as they proceed to benefit from a really favorable schedule, however issues will get troublesome throughout a key stretch beginning in Week 13 with a short-week journey to Dallas on Thanksgiving. Up subsequent: Cowboys
6. Steelers, second place, AFC West (6-5) — The Steelers jumped right here after surviving the Bengals on Sunday due to the Raiders and Colts shedding. They nonetheless maintain this spot with the Titans additionally profitable, due to a greater convention document. Up subsequent: Browns
Who can get there?
7. Raiders (6-5); Eight. Colts (6-5); 9. Titans (6-5); 10. Browns (5-6)
The Colts fell right here after their key division loss in Houston on Thursday evening. The Raiders fell out after briefly being right here after shedding to the Jets. The Steelers, who’ve a superior convention document, jumped them. The Colts lose the head-to-head tiebreakers to each the Raiders and the Steelers. The Titans made it a digital three-way tie with a win over the Jaguars. The Browns separated themselves from the beneath class to remain alive and properly with the Steelers subsequent
Who’s possible out?
11. Jaguars (Four-7); 12. Chargers (Four-7); 13. Jets (Four-7); 14. Broncos (Three-Eight); 15. Dolphins (2-9)
The Broncos and Dolphins stayed chilly with losses in Week 12, whereas the Jets, going via the best second-half schedule, have received three straight to avoid wasting face with Adam Gase.
16. Bengals (Zero-11)
The Bengals cannot do higher than 5 wins, which is not ok. They’re unhealthy sufficient now to go winless and safe the highest choose within the 2020 NFL Draft.
WEEK 12 NFL PICKS: In opposition to the unfold | Straight-up predictions
NFC playoff image
Who could be in?
1. 49ers, first place, NFC West (10-1) — The 49ers maintained each their high seed and division lead by ripping the Packers on Sunday evening, staying a recreation up on the Saints and Seahawks. They nonetheless have to play the previous, however misplaced to the latter, so maintain that in thoughts down the road. Up subsequent: Ravens
2. Saints, first place, NFC South (9-2) — The Saints will get their shot on the 49ers quickly, however they do not play the Packers. They’ve wins over the Cowboys and Seahawks. They’re on the verge of clinching one other division title with a four-game lead popping out of Week 12. Up subsequent: Falcons
Three. Packers, first place, NFC North (Eight-Three) — The Packers missed an enormous probability to leap as much as a No. 1 by being throttled by the 49ers, however they’re nonetheless up a head-to-head tiebreaker on the Vikings for the division lead. Up subsequent: Giants
Four. Cowboys, first place, NFC East (6-5) — The Cowboys nonetheless have a one-game lead, plus the head-to-head tiebreaker, over the Eagles popping out of Week 12, however on high of being properly behind the Packers and Saints, they misplaced to each groups, so ought to they maintain on and win the division once more, they’re possible caught on this seed. Up subsequent: Payments
5. Seahawks, second place, NFC West (9-2) — The Seahawks are wanting on the No. Three seed after beating the Eagles, ought to the 49ers lose in Week 12, assuming the Saints rally to win as massive favorites. Up subsequent: Vikings
6. Vikings, second place, NFC North (Eight-Three) — The Vikings will both keep right here throughout their bye or slide as much as No. 5 with a loss by the Seahawks. Guess who they play in Week 13. Up subsequent: Seahawks
Who can get there?
7. Rams (6-Four); Eight. Bears (5-6); 9. Eagles (5-6); 10. Panthers (5-6); 11. Buccaneers (Four-7)
The Rams have to maintain profitable in Week 12 after beating the Bears in Week 11, no simple process with the Ravens coming to city on Monday evening. The Eagles’ finest path to the playoffs stays profitable the NFC East over the Cowboys.
Who’s possible out
12. Lions (Three-7-1), 13. Cardinals (Three-7-1), 14. Falcons (Three-Eight), 15. Giants (2-9), 16. Redskins (2-9)
The Cardinals, Falcons and Giants have proven flashes at occasions, however the wins have not added up. The Redskins now not seem like they’ll end behind the Bengals.